Saturday, April 18, 2009

Market Music Ministry


WOW! It has been 4 months since I last posted something on this blog! It has been forever since I've even been on blogger or even read blogs and I feel so bad! I'm now trying to remember how to post things and figure out all the new little things on blogger.

So much has been happening that I have no idea where to begin.... I guess I'll start from today and work my way backwards in the upcoming posts this coming week.

This morning we woke up bright and early and headed over to our local flea market. We set up a tent, chairs, and tables on which we put a bunch of gospel tracts from Way of the Master. We call this our: Market Ministry. We arrived at the market at 6:00am and stayed until about 12:30pm. My sister Amber, my brother Curtis, and our friend Eugene spent the morning playing their stringed instruments from 6:30am-12:30pm. They played the guitar, banjo, mandolin, harmonica, Dobro, and fiddle! We had quite a crowd gather to listen to the music and while they were listening to the music I passed out tracts and CDs. It was so much fun! We had a wonderful time. I was a little upset that we had forgotten to take the Spanish tracts with us, but I went ahead and passed out the English tracts to the Spanish speaking people we met. A neat thing that happened was that while we were there, two older missionary couples that we know dropped by our table. It was so neat because both of the couples speak fluent Spanish and were able to talk a bit with some of the Spanish people that dropped by our table.

Please learn from my experiences from talking with people this morning at the market.....

**TIP**: Be Careful What You Say!.....it may prove to be embarrassing!

Well this morning a young mom with an 8-9yr. son walked up to our table and I began to talk with her and invited them to come visit our church. I also noticed that she was probably at least 7-8 months pregnant and honestly believed that she would be having a baby in a few months.....
I'm not good at figuring out how many months along a pregnant lady is just by looking at her, but figured that it would be safe to ask because as I mentioned before....she looked very much pregnant.

Well......do NOT ask a lady who looks like she is at least 7-8 months pregnant when she is due! She may reply with, "Oh, I'm not expecting."

I felt so bad! It was seriously pretty funny though because I thought for sure she was expecting! Oops, I guess not. Anyway, I have learned that the best thing a person can do is to stick to talking about the Lord, church, and music - don't stray too far from those topics!


Lord-willing, I'll be able to post more of my exciting news from the past few months on the blog during this coming week.....so stay in tune! God is working in wonderful ways!

No comments: