My aunt who is Filipino, taught us how to make some very yummy Filipino food!
Filipino Fried Rice
Things You’ll Need:
3 garlic cloves - we use minced garlic and it works just as well.
3 c. cooked white rice
You can also add a few drops of soy sauce to the rice mixture.
- Step 1:Heat 3 tbsp. cooking oil in a wok or large pan on medium-high heat.
- Step 2:Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Step 3:Add the rice and toss frequently for 1 minute.
- Step 4:Sprinkle with about 1 tsp. salt.
- Step 5: Cook rice on low for about 5 to 10 minutes, and toss rice occasionally.
**Serve with scrambled eggs cooked with diced tomatoes and sliced onions. Or serve with sausage, bacon, fried egg, or cooked, dried fish.
For variation, add leftover sliced meat and vegetables to the rice while cooking.
Now for a little info about the Philippines.
Capital of Philippines: Manila
Area of Philippines: 298,170 sq. km
Languages used in Philippines:
8 major dialects (Tagalog, Cebuano, Ilocano, Hiligaynon or Ilonggo, Bicol, Waray, Pampango, and Pangasinan
Religions in Philippines: Roman Catholic, Evangelical, Iglesia ni Kristo, Aglipayan, other Christian, Muslim