Friday, May 23, 2008

Sorry

I am so sorry I have not posted in quite a while (read my recent posts on
http://faith-love-patience.blogspot.com )....our computer got some-type of virus, but all is well now thankfully.

Here is are some encouraging poems written by Fanny Crosby.


  • Oh, what a happy soul I am,
    Although I cannot see,
    I am resolved that in this world
    Contented I will be.


  • How many blessings I enjoy
    That other people don't
    To weep and sigh because I'm blind
    I cannot nor I won't.


  • Jesus, Saviour, once betrayed,
    Sacrifice for sinners made,
    Wretched, lost, to thee I fly;
    Save, O save me, or I die!


  • To the work! to the work! there is labor for all
    For the kingdom of darkness and error shall fall;
    And the name of Jehovah exalted shall be,
    In the loud swelling chorus, "Salvation is free."



  • Blessed Bible, book of gold
    Precious truths thy pages hold,
    Truths to lead me day by day
    All along my pilgrim way.
    Word of God, thy love impart,
    Fire my zeal, and cleanse my heart;
    Keep me earnest, keep me true,
    Every day my strength renew.


  • Speed away, speed away on your mission of light
    To the lands that are lying in darkness and night;
    'Tis the Master's command; go ye forth in His name,
    The wonderful Gospel of Jesus proclaim.
    Take your lives in your hand,
    To the work while 'tis day,
    Speed away, speed away, speed away.

No comments: