Monday, October 6, 2008

Reaching out to loved ones & friends



Did you know that airplanes were made for passing out gospel tracts?



The isle of a plane happens to be a perfect place to pass out tracts,
because there are people on both sides!








Here are some ideas to help you reach out to your unsaved loved ones and friends this week.

* Write a letter to a friend or a love one telling them how you got saved and how Christ has made a difference in your life.

Here is how Diego put it last week during Sunday School:

L-ove...remember to write the note in love - don't criticize or condemn the person whom you are writing to...the Holy Spirit will work on them.

E-mpathize - think about what they are going through in their live right now.

T-iming

T-
ruth -remember to include the gospel!

E-nd strong - remember that post people will remember the beginning and ending of your letter.

R-emember to pray for the person receiving the letter (this the "R" I added) and to read and reread your letter over and over again to make sure it says what you want it to and that the gospel is clearly presented.


*You can also send an email using the "LETTER" tips, instead of writing a handwritten note.
Be a witness in all your correspondence - use scripture or quotes from Spurgeon, Bunyan, Wesley, and other great men of God.

*Make a phone call to an unsaved friend or loved one. Invite them to church and tell them about Christ. I created an answering machine message on my cell phone that gave the gospel....I can't remember exactly what I said, but I used the verse:

Romans 10:13: "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

and used that to explain salvation....I wish I could remember exactly what I said.

No comments: